Exposure to environmental pollution, toxins and chemicals is virtually unavoidable. They enter the body through food, air, household cleaners, cosmetics, and many other everyday items. Once they reach circulation, they can cause a number of health problems. Our body can naturally detox toxins via internal organs including the liver and kidneys. However, toxic accumulation can happen and sometimes our bodies need an extra hand in naturally detoxing the excess pollution.
Luckily, there are numerous ways to remove toxins from your body naturally. Let’s take a look at the most popular methods and their benefits.
What Can You Do to Detox Naturally?
The safest way to lower toxicity levels is to eat clean natural wholefoods, hydrate and take natural supplements to support our body's detoxification system. Nature provides an array of solutions, see below for our top tips on how to detoxify:
Essential Greens With Pineapple
Essential Greens Pineapple is a nutrient-packed Melrose Health mixture. It has a high concentration of chlorella and wheatgrass to deliver a powerful alkalising and anti-inflammatory cleanse. The fibre, protein, and other phytonutrients support healthy gut flora and reduce bloating. In addition, chlorella features an array of micronutrients that combat heavy metals to detoxify the body.
Essential greens also contain spirulina, a king among other superfoods, with a high concentration of nutrients including magnesium, potassium and iron. It also contains one of the most powerful antioxidant plant molecules, phycocyanin, known for its anti-inflammatory, immune enhancing and liver protective qualities.
Exercise is a great way to reap tremendous natural detox benefits. It’s also well-known to reduce bloating and sluggish digestion, especially after a large meal. The ideal approach to exercise is balancing strength and cardio programs. In other words, try to combine running and weightlifting sessions to make the most of your training.
Regardless of your exercise methods, you need to make sure you’re moving your body every day. Apart from improving circulation and facilitating organ function, regular physical activity goes a long way to help cleanse and detox pollutants from the body.
Drink Plenty of Water
Water doesn’t only quench your thirst, but it also helps to flush out waste products and assists in the detoxification process.
Water transports these toxins through your body via sweating, breathing, and urination to prevent them from causing health issues.
As for the recommended daily intake, we should be consuming at least 2.5 litres of water per day. However, you may require more or less, depending on your activity level, location, season changes, and diet.
Eating Healthy Food
Food plays a vital role in eliminating toxins from your body. That said, some foods are more efficient at excretion than others:
- Seeds and nuts – Easily eaten on the go or prepared as a healthy snack, even nut butters can be easily spread onto fruit slices. They are an excellent source of fibre and magnesium to help your body cleanse wastes and toxins.
- Protein – Protein-rich foods are critical for proper functioning of two detoxification channels in your liver cells, known as Phase One and Phase Two detox pathways. To obtain enough protein, opt for wild-caught seafood, organic grass-fed beef, free range chicken and vegetables high in protein.
- Fruits – Fruits feature a variety of phytonutrients, including lutein, beta carotene, and anthocyanins. They have potent antioxidant properties, offer a great source of fibre, and contain a lot of water.
- Vegetables – Among many nutrients, vegetables contain lots of fibre and phytochemicals to detox your body.
- Legumes – Lentils, beans, and other legumes provide a large amount of fibre and a range of amino acid precursors to help combat toxicity levels.
Alcohol is far from detox-friendly. In fact, it’s one of the most dangerous toxins, and your body has to work twice as hard to metabolise it. As a result, calories from other foods or drinks are stored in the body while it’s processing alcohol, leading to weight gain and more toxins. Therefore, avoid it as much as possible, to help your body cleanse the body in a relaxed state, naturally.
Let Nature Do the Work
Nature offers exceptional detox benefits. By eating clean and exercising regularly, you can support your whole body to detox and battle against toxins. Also, make sure to try nutrient-rich mixtures, such as Essential Greens and Essential Reds powders, to bolster your body’s natural defences.