Pancakes are a beautiful and fun weekend breakfast, and since they are quite plain, it’s a beautiful time to add in something to boost the nutrition. These powerful golden pancakes not only look exquisite, they are packed with flavour and contain powerful anti-inflammatory ingredients from Melrose’s Turmeric Superblend which does all the work for you. The naturally sweet spices in this blend add a beautiful warming aroma to this breakfast taking you standard pancakes to the next level. And in just one serve, you’ll get 200mg or powerful curcumin, which is the bioactive part of turmeric, all while feeling like you are having a super indulgent breakfast.
- Place flour, baking powder, Turmeric Superblend and salt in a large bowl. Whisk to ensure everything is dispersed. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combie the milk, coconut oil and egg with a whisk.
- Add the wet into the dry ingredients and fold to combine. Leave to sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat a large pan over a medium heat and add a dash of coconut oil.
- This batter also works well as a muffin, divide mixture between muffin liners and bake for approx. 15 – 20 minutes, until the muffins spring back in the centre.
- You can also use olive oil or sunflower oil in exchange for macadamia oil
- You can use wholemeal flour instead of spelt if preferred or to make gluten free you can use gluten free flour blend