Say hello to this delicious vegan creation! If you’re feeling like some plant-based comfort food with all the nutrition you need, this is the recipe for you. We’ve boosted this healthy burger with our organic essential greens.
- 4 gluten free burger buns, toasted
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 lemon
- ¼ cup pickled onion
- ½ cup alfalfa sprouts
- ½ head cos lettuce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup coriander, fresh, chopped
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 2 tbsp Melrose Essential Greens
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 200℃ and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a food processor, place the chickpeas, onion, garlic, olive oil, coriander, miso, greens, cumin and paprika. Pulse a few times until combined. You don’t want it to be a homogeneous paste, a few lumps is ok. Add the coconut flour until a dough forms. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Shape into 4 patties and place on the baking tray. Bake for 20 minutes, then flip and bake for a further 15 minutes.
4. In a small bowl or jar combine tahini with lemon juice and ¼ cup water. Season with salt and pepper.
5. To assemble the burgers, place lettuce on the bun base and top with a pattie, tahini, sprouts, onion and the top bun!