- ¾ cup Melrose Rolled Flaxseeds
- ½ cup chia seeds
- ½ cup roughly chopped natural almonds
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- 1 litre coconut drinking milk
- ½ cup Melrose MCT (Melrose MCT Original, Pro Rapid or Pro Plus -- take your pick!)
- 2 apples, grated
- 1 cup full-fat coconut or natural yoghurt
- 1 ripe pear, sliced fresh, to serve
- 1 cup mixed berries, to serve
Place flaxseeds, chia seeds, almond, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, cinnamon and cardamom in a large mixing bowl stir dry ingredients to combine.
Add coconut milk and vanilla bean, mix well to combine using a fork. After 5 – 10 minutes, mix again and then cling wrap and place in the fridge overnight to thicken.
The next day, grate the apple and place into bircher mix along with the MCT oil and stir well to combine. To serve, place about ¾ cup bircher in a bowl, add a dollop of yoghurt and top with a few slices of fresh pear and berries.
To make your own drinking coconut milk, use the ratio 1 cup of coconut milk to 2 cups of water, blend or mix well and store in fridge.