- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 2 teaspoons Melrose Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Melrose Organic Sesame Oil
- 2 teaspoons Melrose Organic Rice Syrup
- 1 teaspoon finely diced garlic
- 1/3 cup Melrose ABC Spread
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into large florets
- 3 free range eggs
- 1 teaspoon Melrose Organic Sesame Oil
- 400g chicken thighs or breast, finely diced
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
To make the satay sauce, place tamari, apple cider vinegar, sesame oil and rice syrup in a small mixing bowl and whisk well to combine. Add in garlic and ABC spread and stir well to combine.
Place half the cauliflower florets into a food processor and blitz on medium speed until cauliflower resembles “rice or cous cous,” remove and repeat with remaining cauliflower. Set aside.
Beat eggs well to make an omelette, place sesame oil into small – medium sized fry pan over low medium heat and add eggs. Flip omelette when almost cooked. Remove from fry pan, roll up omelette and slice thinly.
Place wok over medium heat, add coconut oil, when hot add garlic and onion and cook until onion is translucent, add chicken and cook for a further few minutes until coloured but not fully cooked through.
Add in cauliflower and spring onion, reserving some spring onion for garnish, toss well for two minutes, add one quarter cup of satay sauce and the omelette, toss well and continue to cook. Drizzle over extra tamari and sesame oil, taste and add more seasoning or satay sauce if required.
Store excess satay sauce in fridge in airtight container.