This simple “bread and butter” inspired pudding is Christmas comfort cooking at its most indulgent using basic pantry staples. It’s a perfect way to use up leftover panetonne that you may have received as a gift and is guaranteed to make your house smell like heaven!
- 1 loaf of Fruit Pannetone, thickly sliced
- ½ cup Melrose Organic Full Flavoured Coconut Oil, softened
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1½ cups drinking coconut milk or dairy free mylk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Melrose Rice Syrup
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon or ground Chai spice mix
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Butter each slice of pannetone with softened coconut oil. Place slices in a lightly oiled casserole or shallow pudding dish.
3. Whisk together eggs, coconut milk, vanilla extract, rice syrup, maple syrup and ground spices. Pour egg custard mixture over the pannetonne slices, distributing evenly around the dish.
4. Place in the oven and bake for about 30 – 35 minutes, until lightly golden and custard has thickened and pudding is soft and spongy. Serve warm with berries or dairy free cream or custard for extra indulgence.