Having a healthy salad dressing on hand is an easy way to turn Christmas leftovers into a delicious salad. We love to drizzle this over leftover salad greens with fresh ingredients that you have on hand or even leftover roasted veggies or Christmas roast meats.
- 1/3 cup Melrose Flax Oil
- ¼ cup Melrose Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Melrose Rice Syrup or 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon dijion mustard or seeded mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt flakes
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 4 cups salad greens (baby spinach, kale, rocket), washed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Handful of bocconcini, torn or leftover roast chicken, shredded
- 1 avocado, sliced or leftover roast carrots or sweet potato
- Handful of fresh basil or herbs of your choice
Place all salad ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk together to emulsify, alternatively place in a jar with lid on and shake. Pour dressing over salad just before serving.