I love adding an extra dose of greens to my meals in the form of a greens powder (I love the Melrose Health Organic Essential Greens), and although smoothies are such a great vehicle for a greens powder, in the winter months, I prefer warmer meals. And in the case of brunch, avo toast is my go-to. I love stirring through a teaspoon of greens powder through the avo smash with some lemon and salt and pepper because you can’t even taste it! And it’s an easy way to up your daily intake of plant polyphenols and antioxidants without even having to try.
- ½ avocado
- 1 tsp Melrose Essential Greens
- ¼ lemon, juiced
- 2 slices bread of choice
- 20g manchego cheese (or any cheese of choice)
- 1 cup rocket, fresh
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl smash the avo with a fork, and stir in the greens powder, lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Toast bread and spread with prepared avo smash.
- Serve with rocket, cheese, salt and pepper.