There's nothing easier than throwing together a wrap for lunch, but store bought wraps can be heavily processed and contain some not so great ingredients. Enter our favourite Baker, Reece Hignell, and his healthy green wraps. These delicious wraps are super easy to whip up ahead of time and are full of healthy ingredients to keep you going all afternoon. With fresh spinach and a hit of Essential Greens, you can eat them on their own and still get your daily boost of greens! Leftovers will last for a couple of days stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
- 2 cup (240g) chickpea (besan) flour
- 2 cup (200g) water
- 1 teaspoon (2g) sea salt flakes
- 2 teaspoons (6g) Melrose Essential Greens
- 2 handfuls (45g) baby spinach leaves
- 2 teaspoons (9g) Melrose extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium (200g) avocado, sliced
- ⅓ cup (100g) Melrose Sunflower vegan mayonnaise
- 1 head Cos lettuce, roughly chopped
- 12 pre-made vegan falafels, heated and sliced in half
- 1 large (150g) lebanese cucumber, finely sliced
- Finely sliced red onion
- Add all ingredients for the Green Chickpea Wraps, besides the olive oil, into a blender and blend on high until mixture is smooth.
- Pour mixture into a jar, cover and allow to sit for at least 1 hour and up to 48 hours at room temperature.
- Place a large frying pan over medium-high heat with a light drizzle of olive oil.
- Pour in ¼ of the Green Chickpea Wrap mixture. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until firm and golden brown.
- Set aside and repeat with remaining olive oil and Green Chickpea Wrap mixture.
- Divide the wraps between plates and fill with your choice of fillings to serve.