- 2 large, thick and straight zucchinis (one per person)
- ¾ cup nuts (pine nuts, pistachios, blanched almonds)
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ cup Melrose Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Melrose Organic Avocado Oil
- 2 cups chopped fresh herbs like basil or coriander
- 1 – 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 – 2 teaspoons salt flakes, for seasoning
- 200g cherry tomatoes, chopped in half
- 1 bunch broccolini, chopped into thirds
- 200g salmon
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin and sunflower seeds to garnish
Make zucchini noodles using a vegetable spiralizer, alternatively you could use the julienne attachment of mandolin.
Place garlic, olive oil, fresh herbs, lemon juice, nutritional yeast and salt flakes in a small food processor or blender and whiz on medium speed until a smooth but textural paste has formed, add a little more olive oil if needed.
Add salmon and broccolini to a steamer and steam for about 4 – 5 minutes so the broccolini retains a brilliant green colour.
Allow salmon to steam for a further 3 minutes until almost cooked through.
Add a tablespoon of olive oil to a large fry pan over medium heat, add zucchini noodles and cherry tomatoes toss for about 1 – 2 minutes, when noodles and tomatoes appear slightly wilted, turn off the heat and toss through some of the pesto, broccolini and salmon. Season with a little salt and serve with extra nuts, seeds and herbs.