These chocolate coins make a dazzling gift but also a beautiful addition to your Christmas table for something extra special!
- 1 cup Melrose Organic Full Flavoured Coconut Oil
- ½ cup melted cacao butter (Optional)
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- Chopped nuts (pistachio, almond, macadamia)
- Cacao nibs
- Melrose Essential Red Dust
- Coconut flakes
- Dried edible flowers
- Gold leaf (available from cake section in supermarket)\
Special equipment: You will require 2 – 3 silicone muffin pans for this recipe. Two different sizes is ideal so you achieve different sized coins.
1. Place coconut oil and coconut butter into a double boiler / baine maree and gently melt, when melted add cacao powder and maple syrup and whisk to combine. Add a little salt as an optional extra.
2. Pour mixture approx. a 2-3cms thick into the base of the muffin pans, scatter a little garnish on each coin, and then place in fridge to firm up. Do not place gold leaf on coins until they have set and been removed from the mould.
3. When the coins are firm, carefully pop them out and store at either room temp (below 25 degrees), or in the fridge.
4. You can make this recipe without the cacao butter, the chocolate will just be a little fudgier and best to store in the fridge. Allow chocolates to come to room temp before eating as chocolate always taste better at room temp.