This refreshing recipe is halfway between a smoothie and a fruit ice cream, designed as a nutritious snack with a boost of greens from Melrose Organic Essential Greens.
I’m a big fan of food based supplements, and a greens powder, especially when made into a treat like this, is a great way to consume powerful plant superfoods you might otherwise miss out on - like spirulina, wheatgrass, barley grass and chlorella. This Kiwi Mango Cooler also contains fibre and protein, which is a must for a satisfying snack.
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled and sliced
- 2 tsp Melrose Organic Essential Greens
- 1 lime, juiced
1. To prepare the first layer, place mango, half the yoghurt and lime juice into a blender. Add ½ cup of water and blend. Pour into two cups.
2. To make the second layer, place the kiwi, remaining yoghurt and greens in a blender. Add 2 tbsp of water and blend, pour on top of the first layer and top with kiwi slices.