Banana Bread has always been a fan favourite and it continues to be! It's one of the best recipes to be able to add your own twist to make it yours. So we've decided to add our own twist to make it a tasty, nutritious and inflammation-fighting treat!
- 1 cup wholemeal spelt or gluten free flour
- ½ cup almond meal
- 4 teaspoons of Melrose Turmeric Superblend
- 1 teaspoon aluminium free baking powder
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped, plus a few reserved for garnish
- 2 over ripe bananas, mashed (approx. 1 cup)
- 2 free range eggs
- ½ cup rice syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- ¼ cup dairy free milk (drinking coconut, almond or oat milk)
- ¼ cup Melrose macadamia or sunflower oil
- Preheat fan-forced oven to 180 degrees, line a normal bread loaf tin with baking paper.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl including, wholemeal spelt flour, almond meal, Melrose Turmeric Superblend, baking powder and chopped walnuts. Stir well to combine.
- Combine wet ingredients in a separate mixing bowl, including mashed bananas, eggs, rice syrup, milk and macadamia oil, mix well to combine then add into the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Place mixture in prepared loaf tin, top with a few extra walnuts and bake for approx. 40 minutes or until the bread looks golden and smells toasty and the centre springs back or you insert a thin skewer in centre of bread and it comes out dry.
- Allow to cool in tin for 10 minutes, before removing and allowing to cool on wire cake rack.
- This batter also works well as a muffin, divide mixture between muffin liners and bake for approx. 15 – 20 minutes, until the muffins spring back in the centre.
- You can also use olive oil or sunflower oil in exchange for macadamia oil
- You can use wholemeal flour instead of spelt if preferred or to make gluten free you can use gluten free flour blend