This overnight oats recipe is a nourishing healthy breakfast that you can prepare in advance, to last the work week. Lovingly creating by our resident wholefoods cook, Dani Venn.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup drinking coconut milk
- ½ cup coconut yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon Melrose Organic Rice Syrup or maple syrup (optional)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Melrose Almond Spread
- 1 tablespoon Melrose Australian Flaxseed Oil
- 1 teaspoon lime zest, finely grated
- ½ teaspoon salt flakes
- 2 bananas, sliced
- ½ cup chopped pineapple
- ½ cup chopped or sliced almonds
Place oats, coconut milk, coconut yoghurt, sweetener if using, cinnamon, almond spread, flaxseed oil, lime zest and salt flakes into a large mixing bowl. Stir well. Place in airtight container or jar and allow to sit for at least 4 – 8 hours, or preferably overnight.
When you are ready to serve, place in bowl or jar, and top with fresh fruit and almonds. Enjoy!
To make this gluten free, use gluten free oats or you could try substituting with buckwheat flakes.