This better for you spiced eggnog is sure to spread the Christmas cheer! We like to create a big batch without the alcohol for the whole family and add in the rum individually where needed.
- ¼ cup Melrose Coconut and Cashew Nut Butter
- 2 tablespoons Melrose Almond Chai or Almond Nut Butter
- 750mls filtered water
- 2 Medjool dates
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste or ½ fresh vanilla bean, seeds only
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup (optional)
- 100mls whisky or spiced rum (optional)
- ½ cup thickened coconut cream or oat cream, whisked until fluffy (optional)
- Place Melrose Coconut Cashew and Almond Chai or Almond Butter along with filtered water, dates, spices, and maple syrup (if using) in a blender, blitz on high for about 60 seconds, until smooth and creamy. Pour mixture into a large jug and place in the fridge to chill.
- When ready to serve, add whisky or rum into eggnog (if using), whisk mixture well or re-blend so that is creamy and frothy. Place in serving glasses and top with whisked coconut or oat cream, sprinkle with extra nutmeg. Serve chilled.
You can easily make your own almond or nut mylks by adding any of Melrose range of nut butters with filtered water and blending. You can choose to pass through a muslin cloth or sieve or leave as is.