We’ve turned one of your favourite comfort foods into this easy and nutritious bar, complete with our Essential Reds for glowing skin and antioxidants, this is one dessert that will leave you feeling amazing on the inside and out.
- 4 cups fresh or frozen berries
- 4 tbsp Melrose Essential Reds
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp arrowroot starch
1. Heat a saucepan over medium heat. Add in the frozen berries and lemon juice. Allow to cook, stirring occasionally for 15 minutes, until they become sticky. Remove from the heat. Stir in the Essential Reds powder and arrowroot and set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 180℃ and grease a brownie tin with coconut oil, or line with baking paper.
3. In a large bowl combine the almond meal, coconut flour, coconut sugar, buckwheat, baking soda, salt, and ginger.
4. In a small bowl combine the almond butter, coconut oil and egg. Pour the wet mixture into the dry and mix together to form a dough.
5. Press half the dough into the tin. Spoon over prepared berry filling. With the remaining dough, crumble over the top, it’s ok if there are some patches where the berry filling is poking through.
6.Bake for 30 minutes.
Instead of egg, make a flax egg by combining 1 tbsp ground flaxseed with 3 tbsp water. Allow to sit for 5 minutes. Stir into the dough once all ingredients have been added, including almond butter and coconut oil.