Red Velvet Pancakes that promote glowing skin? That's right! These delicious pancakes feature our Essential Reds powder for a hit of berry flavour and concentrated antioxidants to promote healthy skin from the inside out.
Developed by none other than Reece Hignell, Masterchef alum and owner at Cake Boi, they're the perfect treat for Mothers Day with added benefits.
- 2 cups (250g) white plain flour
- 2 teaspoons (9g) baking powder
- ¼ cup (50g) granulated erythritol or coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons (4g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoon (30g) Melrose Essential Reds
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 teaspoons (10g) vanilla extract
- 2 cups (400g) almond milk
- 2 teaspoons (10g) Melrose apple cider vinegar
Melrose coconut oil, for frying
- Coconut yoghurt
- Shaved chocolate
- Strawberries, hulled and sliced
- Add flour, baking powder, granulated erythritol, cocoa powder, Melrose Essential Reds
powder and a pinch of sea salt to a large mixing bowl. Mix to combine.
- To a separate bowl, add in the vanilla extract, almond milk and apple cider vinegar into a jug and whisk to combine.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture, and stir through until you create a smooth batter.
- Heat a large frying pan over low-medium heat and add in a little coconut oil.
- Once hot, add in ¼ cup of pancake mixture and swirl the pan to create a circle.
- Cook for 1-2 minute, until you see bubbles forming on the surface and the bottom is golden brown.
- Flip, then cook for another 1-2 minutes until golden brown. Repeat until the mixture is all used up.
- Divide the pancakes between plates and serve with a dollop of coconut yoghurt, strawberries and shaved chocolate.