This warming, gut loving soup is the perfect meal for a cold winter’s day. The anti-inflammatory properties of flaxseed oil, ginger, turmeric and black pepper make it perfect for soothing an upset tummy. Lovingly created by our resident Chef, Dani Venn.
- 1 tablespoon Melrose Organic Full Flavoured Coconut Oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 tablespoons finely diced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3 large carrots, diced (approx. 400g)
- 1 large butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeds removed, diced (approx. 1.5kg)
- 1 sweet potato, peeled diced (approx. 300g)
- 1250mls veggie stock
- 400mls coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced ginger
- ¼ cup white miso paste, or more to taste
- Salt flakes, to season
- Ground black pepper, to season
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- Melrose Organic Flaxseed Oil, to drizzle
Place large saucepan over medium heat, add coconut oil, when hot add diced onion and sauté for about 3 minutes or until translucent.
Add garlic, ginger and turmeric and cook for a further 2 minutes before adding carrots, pumpkin, sweet potato and stock.
Bring to boil then place on a simmer for about 30 minutes, until vegetables have softened.
Blend using a stick blender or puree till smooth in a blender.
To finish soup, add coconut cream and stir through, add freshly grated ginger, miso paste and season with plenty of salt and pepper, taste and adjust seasoning if required.
To serve, add a few cups of soup into a serving bowl, add some fresh coriander leaves and a few teaspoons of Melrose Flaxseed Oil per bowl. Serve warm.